This structure was built in 1892 to house the oil that lit Pointe aux Barques Lighthouse. The bright red cylindrical iron structure, while eye-catching, was built strictly for function to serve as a safe storage facility for the oil. Its red color alerted people to the fire hazard posed by the oil and any other flammable liquids that might have been stored there.

Oil House

Formats and Shipping - View Information Sheet
Select Image Format, Then Add to Cart

Qty:

For order quantities greater than 9, please phone us for best shipping cost.